Having trouble finding a Publisher to publish your book?
The two books listed below are the best way to search for a legitimate publisher to publish your book.
- Jeff Herman’s Guide To Book Publishers Editors & Literary Agents
- Writers Market
- Find a spare notebook and dedicate it to writing down:
- Publishing Company and contact information
- Increase your odds of a response and find out exactly who you need to address in your query letter. Double check you have spelled their name right.
- Publishing Guidelines
- Does your book fit into a genre they accept? Many companies are genre specific. Author’s that don’t follow this request will not get a response.
- I’ve seen some companies put a ‘deadline’ on submissions. Sometimes they are overwhelmed with submissions that they stop accepting new ones until they can catch up.
- Make sure you include everything they want in the submission. Some publishing houses want only a query letter but some want sample chapters, an outline or other supplemental information.
- How do they want you to submit your query?
- When I was sending query letters most of the companies wanted email submissions. Some may want postal submissions and if they do be sure to include a SASE (self addressed stamped envelope) or they will not respond, even if they are interested.
- Other Information
- Don’t cold call publishers! Wait until they respond to you.
- Think about your book as a piece of merchandise. What is your book about? Who is the intended target audience? How do you intend to market the book as the author and main spokesperson for it?
- Warnings: Read Preditors & Editors for a complete list of warnings before you publish your book.
6. Before signing a contract, make sure you have read and understand everything! This site provides excellent advice when negotiating publishing contacts. http://www.absolutewrite.com/novels/negotiating_book_contract.htm
7. Ask other published authors if they would recommend a publisher. I highly recommend Publication Consultants.
If the article above was helpful to you, I invite you to comment below.
Fill in the form above for free tips on writing or edit on three pages of your story! Learn more about my publications at: http://www.kaylahuntbooks.com/buy.